Space age video slots will always hold a place in the hearts of online slot players. This is something that wasn’t lost on renowned online casino software developer Play’n GO when the company introduced the highly entertaining Reactoonz video slot in October of 2017.
Reactoonz is stylish cartoon video slot built around an adorable selection of colorful aliens. This in a non-progressive game with an unusual format that includes 7 nontraditional reels and 7 rows to create a 7 x 7 matrix. Instead of reels spinning, the game’s symbols will come cascading down onto the matrix to form possible winning combinations at a Return to Player (RTP) rate of just over 96%. Based on the matrix, hundreds of pay lines could pop up wherever and whenever matching symbols connect in either direction. Pay lines are paid for connecting symbols ranging from 5 for the lowest payouts to 15 for the highest payouts.
The game comes with an auto-spin feature that allows the player to initiate 10-100 consecutive spins without pressing a button. Betting options range from €0.20 to €100 per spin.
The Game Playing Symbols
The game’s standard symbols are represented by colorful alien cartoon characters with the purple alien being the highest paying symbol, returning a nice 1200x the bet amount for landing 15 connected purple alien symbols. The lower paying aliens come with one or two eyes in the following colors: (2) green, orange, blue and yellow. Note: The two-eyed offer bigger payouts.
A swirling blue and pink ball of energy represents the game’s only special wild symbol, which will act as any other symbol to form a winning combination. Reactoonz does not include a traditional scatter symbol.
Special Bonuses and Features
The real attraction to Reactoonz comes from a loaded roster of special bonus features that give players additional opportunities to accumulate winnings. Most of the game’s special features are tied to the Quantum Leap mechanism that resides in the upper right-hand corner of the game face.
With each winning spin, the Quantum Leap feature will begin filling up with excitement. Once the feature reaches capacity, it will immediately trigger one of five different sub bonus features. The list and description of sub-features includes:
- Alteration – Targeting 1 random one-eyed symbol from the board, all other matching icons are turned into other random symbols, creating more potential winning combinations.
- Demolition – All one-eyed symbols explode, leaving room for the reels to cascade down with replacement symbols, creating more potential winning combinations.
- Incision – Divides a wild icon into two diagonal lines that intersect through the grid, creating more potential winning combinations.
- Implosion – Turns 3-6 random symbols into wilds and destroys all other adjacent icons, leaving room for the reels to cascade down with replacement symbols, creating more potential winning combinations..
- Gargantoon – The Gargantoon (located in the lower-right-hand corner) fills a 3 x 3 matrix space with wilds when activated. The Gargantoon then divides into two 2×2 symbols after the first cascading win and into nine 1 x 1 wilds on any subsequent win.
- Instability – On any non-winning spin, the Gargantoon could drop 4 to 8 wild symbols onto the matrix in random positions, creating more potential winning combinations. the reels.
Reactoonz is a fast-paced video slot that demands the player’s attention. The real fun from this game comes from the Quantum Leap function that creates a huge selection of random bonus features. Each bonus feature offers the endless possibility of winning combinations, which is something slot players at every level should enjoy.